My pace for getting these custom lessons done has slowed to two a week. As a consequence my waiting list is at least three and a half months long!! Sorry everyone! I'm going as fast as I can...
But still, only two a week does add up over time, so here are my most recent additions to the list. As always these can be ordered off of my website.
- Ashoken Farewell (A) Watch clip. - This version is based on Tom Adams's playing, but it's simplified.
- Black Muddy River (I) Watch clip. - a Grateful Dead tune.
- Cryin' Holy (I) Watch clip. - Most people play J. D. Crowe's break to this, but this is based on Earl's earlier version, played on a Martha White television show.
- Hand Me Down My Walkin' Cane (Backup) (I) Watch clip. - This is just the backup!
- Hard Times (By Gillian Welch - clawhammer) (A) Watch clip. - My first attempt at a clawhammer custom lesson. It was a real challenge.
- Jambalaya (B) Watch clip. - A nice beginner version of this Hank Williams classic.
- Nashville Blues (I) Watch clip. - I've always loved this tune but had never sat down and learned it. This is Earl's version.
- Nashville Skyline Rag (A) Watch clip. - A Bob Dylan tune that Flatt and Scruggs recorded. This break is the one that Earl recorded later with the Scruggs Revue.
- St. Anne's Reel (I) Watch clip. - A solid intermediate break for this popular fiddle tune.
- Sweet Appalachia (I) Watch clip. - A Del McCoury Band song from one of their recent albums.
As someone who waited a couple months for two of Ms. Henry’s custom lessons, I can honestly say that it’s worth the wait.