Here is my occasional update on what's new on the custom lesson list lately:
- Banjo Signal (A) Watch clip. - A Don Reno classic. Granted my version is kinda Scruggsy, because everything I play is kinda Scruggsy, but I did throw in some single string Reno licks for you.
- Blue River Waltz (I) Watch clip. - This is a pretty little Steve Martin tune.
- Ernest T. Grass (A) Watch clip. - This is Sammy Shelor's hit tune. I've heard it played at more than one jam session.
- The Great Remember (I) Watch clip. - Another Steve Martin tune. In double C tuning. He plays it clawhammer, but I arranged it for three-finger. I think I capture a bit of the feel of the original.
- Here I Am Lord (A) Watch clip. - A slow Christian ballad.
- Kids' Songs (Skip to Lou, Polly Wolly Doodle, ABC Song, and more. Singing and strumming.) (B) Watch clip.
- Someone read in Banjo Newsletter how I was contemplating doing a DVD on kids songs for the banjo, but he didn't want to wait that long, so he requested a custom lesson on some of them.
- Knee Deep In Bluegrass (I) Watch clip. - A Terry Baucom tune. In the key of B. Of Course.
- Shady Grove (B) Watch clip. - This version is based on Doc Watson's. It's in E-minor. An easy beginner arrangement.