I have a whole bunch of new additions to the list to share with you (that's the upside of not updating the list very often!) Some really fun, cool songs this time:
- Banks of the Ohio (B) Watch clip. I love the tune to this song, but I hate the words. This is a nice easy arrangement of it.
- Better Dig Two (A) Watch clip. This is a modern country hit. Catchy and has a cool banjo part on the recording.
- Big Spike Hammer (I) Watch clip. The Osborne Brothers' classic. This is actually Steve Dilling's break from the IIIrd Tyme Out recording of it.
- Blue Train (I) Watch clip. This is the Linda Ronstadt song, NOT the bluegrass "Blue Train."
- Cindy (B) Watch clip. A fun, easy arrangement of this old folk song.
- Happy Birthday (I) Watch clip. Played in the key of C.
- I'll Fly Away (High Break) (I) Watch clip. There is already one high break for this song on the list, but this one is MUCH easier!
- I'm Wilder Than Her (I) Watch clip. This one comes from Ralph Stanley II.
- Old Log Cabin For Sale (I) Watch clip. An old country song recorded by Porter Wagoner, among others.
- Orange Blossom Special (A) Watch clip. Really awesome version of this. It is the one that J. D. Crowe recorded on his Bluegrass Holiday album.
- Pass It On (A) Watch Clip. In the key of F (open!). This is a recent Grascals recording.
- Red Wing (B-I) Watch clip. An old song that makes a great banjo tune.
- Scotland The Brave (I) Watch clip. Never would have thought of putting this on the banjo, but it lays out pretty well!
- Steamboat Whistle Blues (A) Watch clip. From the great John Hartford.